M-Pesa is Kenyan mobile, phone-based payment service provider for the mobile companies’ customers. M-Pesa is a money transfer service that, additionally, provides financing and micro-financing operations. The company was launched in 2007 by the two largest mobile network operators in Kenya and Tanzania. In 2013, M-Pesa in Africa became available for money transfers in Bitcoin, which are very popular among Kenyan and other African countries’ citizens due to their national currencies’ hyperinflation. Initially, M-Pesa was developed for Kenyan and other African citizens who don’t have access to ATMs or bank accounts to send or receive money, but the service has now reached Afghanistan and some European countries.
- U prvoj nedelji decembra zabeležen blagi rast na kripto tržištima: Bitkoin je završio nedelju na nivou od 3.700 dolara
- Gibraltar: Huobi dobija DLT licencu i planira pokretanje globalne berze u 2019.
- Coinbase želi da registruje termin "BUIDL" kao žaštitni znak
- Ledger i Neufund se udružuju radi stvaranja okvira za "security tokene"
- Japanska policija primećuje povećan broj prijava o sumnjivim kripto transakcijama